The Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2 unsettles many people. The virus seems to be omni present. Everybody speaks of it. Everybody fears it. And we know almost nothing about it. Even the WHO (World Health Organisation) can do nothing other than give advice.
Administrations show actionism without clues
Yesterday I had been a little port here in the Philippines. I had been there to fetch our guests coming with a ferry from another island. Those who know the port from the pictures, also know the islands of which I am writing.
I had been astonished about the Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2 protection procedures.
- All passengers left the ferry and walked over the disinfection carpet that protects the island from rabies infection. Rabies is also a virus, so the carpet might also reduce the Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2.
- Then passengers have to queue up on a desk and fill-in forms and answer questions. (Photo 1)
- Afterwards medical staff measures face temperature (Photo 2)
- Then passengers are released and spread out towards their accommodation
Something seems to be wrong!
What is wrong ?
They should reverse above procedure! Imagine the last tested passenger shows 40°C fever. All other 50 passengers have already left the port. What a work to find 50 potentially persons spread over the island! Therefore I suggest:
- First measure the face temperature of all passengers
- Then disinfect shoes/feet
- Gather the information and distribute flyer with rules and recommendations.
If one of the passengers show signs of infection, they still have them all in one place. They can decide what to do with all passengers and crew of the ferry. They won’t have to search the island.
Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2 – CRAZY STATISTICS
No, I do not doubt about the statistics the governments and health organisations diffuse. I have no medical education.
But when showing yesterday’s pictures to a friend, we found a strange coincidence! See yourself:
Did you see it?
All three passengers show exactly the same temperature 36.4 degrees Celsius!
This is statistically impossible. A small variation of some tenths of a degree should be seen.
Therefore I think that this little pink gun is a defective gadget.
Corona Virus SARS-CoV-2 – KEEP COOL!
This morning another guest informed me about her concerns. The question is:
Should I stay here on the island or travel back to Europe immediately?
Together we tried to find the best solution. Here are the pros and cons. Please write us what you think.
Travel back to Europe
+ Better medical services in Europe
+ More airports might be closed in a few days
– Contact with big crowds during the journey
Stay on the Island
+ Only contact with a limited number of persons
+ Only one negative tested case here
– Asia is still the most infected continent
– Limited medical resources on the island
Any other idea in our decision making is welcome!
For more medical information related to the Philippines, we recommend to read our “Health Page“.