A week back, a yacht, the M/V Catherine experienced been observed its crew missing. One particular of our sources in Palawan sent us the letter beneath. We publish it without the need of any comment. Only the previous sentence had been shortened mainly because it contained a not acceptable remark. It’s possible one particular of our audience has a lot more information and facts. If so, remember to call Mr. Thomas Gerard.
Rappler experienced also printed an report past Saturday: Law enforcement lookup for 2 lacking visitors, deserted yacht located
WHAT WE KNOW: 4/30/14
On Saturday April 26th a fisherman ( Pery Cabacang) from Brgy. Tagnato – outside Aborlan ( Palawan) uncovered the M/V Catherine at anchor, but no folks on board. The two occupants Stephan Okoveix and Henrike Diesen have absent missing.
This sailing few have been going again and fourth concerning Sabah, Malaysia and Puerto Princesa a quantity of times and are skilled sailors. The temperature was obvious and heat with clam seas, and both folks can swim.
These missing sailing individuals would anchor at this place off the coast at an unnamed island near to Aborlan. The male would arrive shore and experience his bicycle to the market for shopping with no drama of any sort more than the several years.
Subsequently, a fisherman notified the Brgy. Captain at Tagnato that he learned the vacant yacht and educated the Philippines Nationwide Law enforcement at Bataraza . In accordance to area officials a look for was carried out using aircraft and boats with zero results.
On board the yacht contained food, legal papers, passports and revenue all showing up that absolutely nothing was ransacked or disturbed.
Of study course the area Police, Brgy. Captain, Marines, Coast Guard and God’s little helpers climbed all more than the boat, so if it was a criminal offense scene all the things is shed or contaminated.
Some of the concerns investigators unsuccessful to address were being:
- Was the boarding ladder or swim system up or down?
- Was the occupants mobile telephones on board? If not had been they applied just after Saturday?
- Had been all daily life jackets accounted for? Are any missing?
- Were the fenders on the yacht saved or in excess of the side in a protective manner?
- Was the yacht home anchored? Scope of the anchor vs. depth ( 7 to 1 is the suitable selection)
- The documented telephone get in touch with received by the Coast Guard alleging the pair were being taken by the terrorist team Abu Sayyaf … Who took the connect with and when? In what language ( Talsug, Tagalog, English, German?) at what cell phone range?
- Has any other yacht(s) now anchored at the Puerto Princesa Yacht Club have anything to increase?
- It was also noted that the dingy was moored to the yacht. (Verified on deck)
- Has any ATM cards belonging to the victims been made use of just after Saturday?
10. Passport copies on board but originals not discovered this date. (Could be concealed on board?)
So permit us seem at the possible situations:
- One occupant fell overboard the other entered the h2o to guide without having a daily life jacket. ( Comment: Both are swimmers and if they could not get back on board the yacht, but small swim to shore. )
- They could have swum to the land near by. In the worst scenario at least a single would have survived.
At existing ( 5/2/14) the yacht is staying towed again to Puerto Princesa Town and may well or maybe be saved by Philippine authorities. Abanica Yacht Club needs to just take demand of the yacht.
So a huge mystery, but most probable prison exercise.