Manila’s airport NAIA is in problems because of minimal clouds and often heavy rain. But that’s only 1 element of the real truth. Manila’s airport has no working ILS (Instrument Landing Method)!
Both ILS on runway 06 and on runway 24 had been mounted and calibrated in 2013. And just now, for the duration of the rainy time the units went down.
In some times the ATC (Air Targeted visitors Controllers) have to purchase planes to remain in the air, due to the fact they are not able to see the runway. This paints appealing designs on the scope display.
Screenshot taken at 11:30 a.m.
Flights aren’t cancelled but lots of flights are seriously delayed. Just take-offs are generally on time.
Delayed Manila landings of this early morning:
5J560 from Cebu
5J474 from Bacolod
5J502 from Kuala Lumpur
2P994 from Zamboanga
2P972 from Tacloban
PAL842 from Cebu
There are far more, but we cannot observe them. Our Online link is so slow right now.
- November 6, 2012 Great news from NAIA NAIA, Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport, very typically will get a negative press. But the guys at the airport try to do a good job. And […]
- December 5, 2011 Significant fog (smog) around Manila Past evening and early this early morning Manila experienced been in a thick fog causing constrained visibility and interesting weather conditions in the metropolis, and […]
- April 4, 2012 The Philippines TRACON disaster Above the clouds flexibility would seem to be without having limits. It’s possible! Could, Reinhard May well!
But under the clouds and inside of the clouds, there is […]
- February 13, 2013 Manila NAIA-3 vs. Dubai – Concourse A An airport is a country’s most vital gateway for travelers and for conclusion building people. This is even more true for a nation in the […]
- Might 5, 2008 Exactly where were being all the taxis? When arriving in Manila’s NAIA airport you usually do not have to wait around for a taxi. There are often a good deal of them at the airport.