The Super Constellation decorating Manila NAIA’s bone-garden has been offered to Qantas. The most stunning airplane ever crafted will be transferred to Australia.
The MIAA and the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines made the decision to provide off the planes that experienced been abandoned by their house owners in a portion of the Naia home and were having up useful place. Right before holding the auction, the MIAA attempted to speak to the entrepreneurs. We wrote about this motion – auction – 3 several years in the past on September 22, 2011.
Considering the fact that I dwell in the Philippines I love this fowl. When I have to vacation by means of NAIA-3, I generally test, if “my bird” is continue to there (see also here). There had even been a time, when I assumed about acquiring “my bird” and place it in our back garden. And now I learned, where by this affection arrives from: The chicken and I have the same age!
The Manila Super Constellation had been purchased by the Qantas Founders Museum which is situated in Longreach, Queensland, Australia. This outback museum tracks the increase of Australia’s flag provider, Qantas Airways Ltd., from its get started in Western Queensland in 1920 via reveals, interactive shows, artefacts and aircraft, including a Boeing 747, Boeing 707 and DC3.
- Final registration – N4247K
- Shipped to US Navy December 1953 as R7V-1 BuN 131643
- Redesignated C-121J Oct 1962
- Named “Ole Blue from Place Mugu” even though in assistance there
- Retired and saved at Davis Monthan AFB by October 1973
- Offered for sale February 1981
- To William “Winky” Crawford trading as Northern Peninsula Fisheries May perhaps 1981 as N4247K
- Restored for ferry flight and flown to Arlington, WA June 1981
- To Entire world Fish and Agriculture, Inc Oct 1987 (corporation owned by Crawford)
- Restoration accomplished November 1987 and ferried to Palau Island in the Pacific the 2nd week of November
- Flew tuna from Palau Island to Nagoya, Japan for three months, beginning November 24, 1987
- Impounded at Manila Airport, Philippines by June 1988
- Stored in deteriorating issue at Manila Airport
- Qantas Founders Museum received aircraft at September 12, 2014 auction at Manila Airport
There are however 2 or 3 Super Constellations traveling. The ideal recognized is the Breitling Super Constellation in Switzerland.
Due to the fact 1884 Swiss Enjoy Maker Breitling tends to make remarkable chronographs. These watches had constantly been the most well-liked just one of pilots. So Breitling developed their entire advertising marketing campaign all over aircrafts, airlines and pilots. Amongst other activities they sponsored the complete restoration of their Tremendous Constellation.
Above the Breitling Super Constellation Chronograph (sad to say not mine).
I’ll overlook “my Connie” …