The luggage dilemma in Manila’s Ninoy Aquino Intercontinental Airport (brief: NAIA) makes headache to so a lot of passengers. There are (virtually) no prospects to go away your baggage for a handful of hrs at the airport.
Virtually weekly we get inquiries about the place a person can leave baggage for a couple of hours. Or we get not so welcoming remarks as if we ended up MIAA – the Manila Intercontinental Airport Authority.
A friendly reader of Silent Gardens wrote: Please can you level out on the web page that the interline baggage room is NOT available for use by travellers transferring from one more terminal. I had an exceptionally disheartening pointless journey from the Zest Air terminal to the intercontinental terminal and went by way of all the energy to attain a move to get into the airport only to be explained to they would not accept the baggage (I was hoping to leave right away and decide on up the next day prior to my global flight)
- There is only a person official Luggage maintain facility. It is in NAIA-3 and is called Baggage & Much more (see listed here: http://www.protectabag.com.ph/baggage-far more)
- There are also baggae rooms in NAIA-1 and NAIA-2. But they are not marked and you only can fin them when you question staff members. MIAA did in no way answer our inquiry about these rooms.
- The most important issue is: You only can have obtain to these rooms when you landed in this terminal or when you have a departure ticket from this terminal.
- The protection dilemma is not that huge. Your luggage is always x-rayed when you enter a terminal. And when you arrive, your baggage experienced been managed at your aiport of departure.
- If NAIA’s management only could make your mind up to build an within transfer by bus! The roadways exist, buses exist, but there appears to be no will! Why?
The yellow line exhibits the secured airport zone. The purple line reveals our prompt bus-line from NAIA-1 to NAIA-3.
- Six or eight buses need to be more than enough. The roadways under no circumstances cross a runway and only at the Previous Domestic Airport, now named NAIA-4 and at NAIA-2 they share room with aircrafts.
- Investments? Pretty, quite low! Some reorganization inside of the terminal buildings, maybe some new doorways and some used buses from Korea, China or Japan.
- And then last but not least develop baggage holds in every terminal. The baggage holds give a distinctive ticket to the traveler, so he can enter the airport without having having to depart from this terminal.
So, why do not they do it?