A yr back the whispers about a bridge from Malay (northern Panay) to Boracay island started off to filter into the push.
On May perhaps 2, 2013, the Philstar wrote: The nearby authorities of Malay, to which the earth famous resort Boracay Island belongs, is thinking of creating a bridge concerning Boracay and Malay. Later, in November 2013, the BracaySun wrote: Boracay Bridge Development for 2014 – Officials of the Malay Municipal Authorities seem hell bent on applying the proposed bridge “priority project” (mentioned do be in between Tabon Port and Tambisaan Port) on Boracay.
On Tuesday this 7 days the Aklan Discussion board titled: MoA for Boracay-Malay bridge feasibility examine less than scrutiny
The arrangement to conduct a feasibility analyze for the proposed Boracay-Malay bridge is pending in the Sangguniang Bayan (SB) of Malay. According to SB secretary Corcordia Alcantara, the memorandum of arrangement amongst Malay town mayor John Yap and contractor Daewoo Engineering and Building Company was referred to Committee on Legal guidelines chaired by SB member Rowen Aguirre. The committee will deliberate the settlement right after the attendance of legislative council members at Philippine Councilors League (PCL) congress slated this 7 days from March 5 to 7 in SM Mall of Asia in Pasay Town, she included.
– Tourists can transfer involving Caticlan and Boracay in any weather conditions – no much more motion sickness or interrupted company mainly because of large waves
– Transfer time in between Kalibo or Caticlan to Boracay is lowered by just about 1 hour.
– Drinking water and Ability offer traces could be integrated in the bridge framework as a substitute of laying on the sea ground
Not to bridge:
– The island of Boracay by now suffers “overload” during peak-seasons
– Decline of livelihood of hundredths of boatmen who bring travelers to and from Boracay
– The key-road in the heart of the island is congested from early early morning to late night. New streets will have to be built.
– In which do they park thousands of automobiles and buses on the island?
[Editor’s comment:] Seems to be again one of the Philippines’ well-known “White Elephant” assignments. Good to have devoid of contemplating about dangers, secondary effects and maintenance. Boracay is now the most squeezed lemon in the Philippines. Press beyond the previous fall and you will flavor the bitter inside of the seeds.